What is required for your organization/clients to thrive and prosper for the next 30 years?
It is essential for every business to consider the future a volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous world poses. One of the most important aspects is sustainability. More and more businesses are expected to be responsible for climate change, resource scarcity, pollution, and social inequality. How can we move from being pressured by these changes, to turning them into business opportunities?
This course is designed for all professionals who lead or influence the process of future-oriented changes in business. You will gain fundamental knowledge of sustainability, systematic thinking, and strategy through a hands-on, participatory experience and dialogues. It will give you insights on how to gain a competitive advantage by finding opportunities in what the future requires for your/your clients' business.
By successfully completing this course, you will receive a certification in The Natural Step Level 1, which qualify you to apply the core concepts of sustainability based on The Natural Step Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development.
You will also walk away with:
- An understanding of the benefits of incorporating socio-ecological positive changes in a business strategy
- A natural and social science-based strategic perspective for a business to be sustainable and resilient
- An ability to identify future risks and opportunities of your/your clients' businesses
- A process of developing a clear strategy and measures to manage change, and
- A capability to lead your organization/clients to be functional and adaptive when facing unpredictable change
This course includes:
- Pre-work in an online e-module, which will give you access to basic sustainability,
- Access to practical templates, tools, and resources to use,
- An opportunity to hear actual cases and lessons learned from the other future-oriented organizations, and
- Chances to share, learn from peers, and build networks through dialogues during the sessions
Berend Aanraad (The Netherlands)
The Natural Step Netherlands
Akira Furumoto (Japan)
Certified Management Consultant (CMC)
Manager of Global Network Division
Business Consultants, Inc. (BCon)
About The Natural Step and Business Consultants, Inc.
The Natural Step (TNS) is an international non-profit organization that provides training, coaching, and advice on how to advance the practice of sustainability and thereby accelerate the transition towards a sustainable future. The mission is to connect every leader with the inspiration and education they need to integrate economic, environmental, and social priorities into their planning and decision-making.
Business Consultants, Inc. (BCon) is a leading consulting company in Japan with 55 plus years of experience in Organization Development and Talent Management. It’s expertise is in changing organizations and developing "change leaders" who are capable of managing and facilitating the change process in client organizations.
TNS and BCon are now collaborating in developing "future-ready change leaders" who have practical knowledge, frameworks, processes, and tools to lead positive change in the organizations. You will benefit from the experience of both TNS and BCon, learning both the technical and human sides of sustainable future transformation.
It is our passion to increase the number of business leaders who can lead the complex change of overcoming future challenges unlocking the opportunities of sustainability-driven innovation.
Testimonials about The Natural Step
“The quality of the content of TNS sustainability education is unsurpassed. I have studied sustainability formally in my Masterʼs and Doctoral studies at the University of Toronto, through research for my three books, and through attendance at hundreds of conferences on the subject. The TNS framework is the most rigorous, scientifically-based, and practical sustainability methodology on the planet.”
- Bob Willard, Author of the Sustainability Champions Guidebook, The Sustainability Advantage, The Next Sustainability Wave
“The whole world has dreamt about a solid definition of sustainability that would allow systematic step-by-step planning. When the definition arrived, delivered by The Natural Step, it was remarkable to see how simple it was.”
- Paul Hawken, Author of The Ecology of Commerce, Natural Capitalism
“As we climb mount Sustainability, with the four TNS system conditions at the top, we are doing better than ever on bottom line business. This is not at the cost of social or ecological systems, but at the cost of our competitors who still haven’t got it.”
- Ray Anderson, President, Founder and CEO, Interface Inc.
July 14 & 28, and August 11, 2022 (3 days @4 hours)
06:00AM - 10:00AM Los Angeles
09:00AM - 01:00PM New York
03:00PM - 07:00PM Paris
09:00PM - 01:00AM (+1) Singapore
10:00PM - 02:00AM (+1) Tokyo
Special price for holder of any BCon's licenses (LIFO, THE, ITS, ACT): US$1,050 (30% off)
・Access to Zoom webinar software
・Access to an Internet browser
(Recommended: 2 separate screens, one for the webinar, and other for the workshop platform)
- A registration confirmation email will be sent automatically to you after you submit the registration form
- An email with the payment details will be sent separately soon after your registration is confirmed
- Once the payment is confirmed, you will receive an email for the access to your pre-work (The online e-module, "The Natural Step Basic", is a prerequisite of the course for all the participants to have the common references and understanding. The pre-work will takes 1.5 to 2 hours in total)
- Close to the start of the course, you will receive a detailed course outline and technical information to join the course
Registration will be closed on July 9, 2022
- Before June 25, 2022: Full refund (minus administration & online module fee)
- Between June 25 and July 2, 2022: 50% refund (minus administration & online module fee)
- After July 2, 2022: No refund